Tim Cook tweeted his support for Apple's Dreamer employees
In a Tweet this morning, Apple CEO Tim Cook reaffirmed his support for Dreamers â" children of undocumented immigrants who have spent much of their lives in the United States, saying that Apple presently employs 250 such individuals.
Cook wrote that he stands with his employees, and that they âdeserve our respect as equals,â and that any solution to the problems concerning immigration reform should be aligned with âAmerican values.â
After reports surfaced that the Trump administration was considering bringing the Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program to an end, around 300 tec h leaders signed a letter earlier this week urging the President to uphold it. The program allows some Dreamers who have registered with the Federal government to remain in the country. Cook was one of the signatories on that letter.
The Trump administration has indicated that it is finalizing its decision on the fate of the program, and that an announcement will likely come on Tuesday.
More From The Verge
- These next-generation space suits could allow astronauts to explore Mars
- The Game of Game of Thrones: season 7, episode 5, Eastwatch
- Hereâs what a phone sees when it falls from a plane and survives
- Blizzard revives Battle.net and admits it made a mistake with rebranding
- SpaceX lands another one of its Falcon 9 rockets on solid ground
- The biggest reveal on tonightâs Game of Thrones was designed to make the audience scream at the screen
Command Line delivers daily updates from the near-future.This Article has a component height of 7. The sidebar size is medium.Source: Google News